Are you ready to buy new spring outfits but want to get the most wear out of them? Here are 5 tips to keep in mind when shopping this spring so you can transition those finds into summer looks.
- Layering pieces – One way to transition from spring to summer is to buy items you can layer. Start with light layering in the spring, and as summer progresses, remove layers as necessary. For example – denim jackets are a great layering pieces over light, airy and flowing florals. As it gets warmer swap out the jacket for a lightweight kimono or wear the dress on its own.
- Accessories: Add summer accessories to your spring wardrobe to make it feel more seasonal. Swap out boots for sandals, add a cute sun hat, and change out your handbag to a lighter color one.
- Color: Spring is typically associated with pastels, while summer is known for bright, bold colors. Add pops of color to your wardrobe to make it feel more summer ready. Swap out muted tones for brighter hues such as yellow, orange, pinks and blues.
- Prints and Patterns: Spring is a great time for florals, but summer is the perfect time to play with bold prints and patterns. Try adding tropical prints, animal prints or geometric patterns to add interest to your wardrobe.
- Lighter, flowy silhouettes: Choose flowy dresses, skirts and tops that allow for airflow and movement. These lightweight options will keep you cool in the summer heat and are perfect for beachy, bohemian vibes.
Keep these tips in mind when you shop this spring. Make a list of a few spring items that would pair with what you already have. With just a little planning you can refresh your spring wardrobe and still wear your new finds into the summer. Check out our new Spring arrivals - we would love to help you find styles that you love. Happy Shopping!